So a couple weeks ago, I was dealing with Ike. While I was powerless and, thus, Mac-less (which made me want an iPhone even more), Spanning Sync not only released version 2.0 (now with full Google Contacts sync), but also a quick 2.0.1 update.
The new stuff I thought was substantial:
- Contact syncing! Spanning Sync now syncs Address Book with Google contacts.
- Contact photo syncing! (Awesome)
- Changes in iCal and Address Book are automatically pushed to Google as they’re made.
- Improved, easier-to-use preference pane UI.
- Dramatically improved network performance.
- Improved support for syncing huge (10,000+ events) calendars
- Improved support for syncing large numbers of contacts
- Improved support for multi-Mac configurations.
- Improved compatibility with MobileMe.
Speaking of Google Contacts, did you know there was a dedicated site for your contacts now? Pretty cool, though it’s still very rough around the edges. I’m surprised Google hasn’t done more with contacts yet. It’s a huge market for them, and no one has conquered it yet.
Anyhow. For now, I’m mainly using Spanning Sync to sync my contacts. I rarely use iCal, but I’m thinking my kids might use it more, thus making this software/service much more useful. But even if I was only using it for contact syncing, it’s worth my $20.
I wouldn’t be bragging about this software if it weren’t such a steal. If you use my coupon code, D8BYCM you’ll save $5, and, in turn, get your own coupon code allowing you to make $5 for every referral. I covered my $20 about two days after I posted my referral code. (Thank you Aaron.)
Try it out for yourself – and let me know how much money YOU make!
Be the first to leave a comment