I am Brian Dusablon. Most people call me Duce (and, in games, forums, and car auction sites, Motherduce). I’m a father, coach, geek, athlete, entrepreneur, philanthropist, and experience designer.
I care about inclusion, accessibility, and usability for the web and in learning.
- I am a full-time graduate student at the University of Houston’s Graduate School for Social Work (GCSW).
- I run a consulting company called Duce Enterprises, where I help small businesses select and use ethical technology solutions. I build and host WordPress websites for 100s of individuals, sports teams and leagues, small businesses, breweries, and non-profits. I coach and support small businesses, solopreneurs, and freelancers with business technology and process improvement.
- I manage Drifter Life, a website and newsletter (and soon to be store) where I write about nomads, wandering, sabbaticals, work-life balance (or life-work balance, as I prefer), travel gear, music, philosophy, peace, and more.
- I was a Senior Account Strategist at 10up, a web agency focused primarily on WordPress websites for large organizations, newsrooms, and higher education.
- I founded Learning Ninjas, who help people and organizations create accessible, measurable online learning experiences.
- For fun and beer, I used to run a podcast network called Emergent Radio, where I co-hosted The ToolBar. (Note: this network might be making a comeback if time and energy allow for it, and to host the forthcoming Drifter Life Podcast.)
I believe we all have a social responsibility to help others.
I love to chat about life and business and exploring. Drop me a line.