Over a week ago now, Aaron tagged me in a blog meme. Goal: write seven random things about myself. First of all, I find it funny that ZERO of the people Aaron tagged have done it yet, so I guess I’ll be the first. Second, I suck at writing about myself, so bear with me.
- I was in show choir. Serious show choir in junior high. The real deal, too: shiny silver vests, jazz hands, etc. (It was fun, too.)
- I went to Rock Fest in 1997, along with 385,000 other people. It was incredible. I camped out with friends, drank lots of Shiner, and had a blast.
- I’m a music nut. All kinds. Classical, funk, rap, rock, country, doesn’t matter. Genre depends on my mood, but I’m not too picky. Some concerts I’ve been to (and enjoyed): Pearl Jam, Seven Mary Three, George Strait, Bob Seger, Jimmy Buffett.
- I attended nine different schools K-12 (5 Elementary, 1 Middle, 3 High Schools).
- 2001 was a good year for me. I got engaged, won a National Championship in rugby at Baylor University, and went on a two-week rugby tour in South Africa. We played four games, went to see France vs. South Africa twice and lived like kings.
- I’m addicted to sunflower seeds. I have packs in the car, offices, sports bags and even the garage.
- I love the French language. I took two years of it in high school, and three semesters in college. I also can’t remember hardly anything I learned. Time for Rosetta Stone.
- Link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post – some random, some weird.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they\’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.
7 thoughts on “Seven Random Things”
Ha ha. I knew you would say that. I said the same thing to Aaron. Good luck!
OK here goes
Do I get a point for being the first to complete? 🙂
Of course. You can use them for virtual coffee or virtual Guinness.
bah! tagged! curse you… i don't know if i can come up with 7 people who blog and haven't already been tagged. 😛
Guinness it is then :+) But just one …
Wow! Show choir! Me too! I'm still scarred by wearing a black leotard with see through skirt (don't ask) while being coerced into doing the backstroke while singing "And the glow of your being outshines any star" (from some terrible musical I forgot).
Thank heavens I was also the stage crew. I was able to disappear during that song. :' )
That cracks me up, Wendy. I often look back at it in equal parts horror and fondness.